ROLE OF POTASSIUM :
- Unlike nitrogen and phosphorus, potassium is not used in the structural synthesis of bio-chemically important molecules.
- Potassium is found within the plant cell solution and is used for maintaining the turgor pressure of the cell (meaning it keeps the plant from wilting).
- In addition, potassium plays a role in the proper functioning of stomata (cells located on the bottom of the leaf that open and close to allow water vapor and waste gases to escape) and acts as an enzyme activator.
- Leaf tissue analysis shows that potassium levels are often close to those of nitrogen at around 3 to 5% on a dry weight basis.
- Plants that are potassium deficient typically show symptoms such as chlorosis followed by necrosis at the tips and along the margins of leaves.
- Since potassium is mobile within the plant, deficiency symptoms appear on older leaves.
Benefits of using Potassium Nitrate :
- The best source of Potassium in combination with Nitrogen and necessary trace elements.
- Promotes root growth thus helps in better absorption of plant nutrients.
- Maintains ionic balance within the plant body and promotes early maturity.
- Provides immunity to crop against pests and disease attacks.
- Free of chloride, chlorate, Sodium and other detrimental elements.
- Increases yield and shelf life of the produce.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS :
(i) Free flowing crystalline
(ii) Moisture percent by weight max 0.5
(iii) Total Nitrogen (all in Nitrate form),percent by weight ,minimum 13.0
(iv) Water soluble Potassium (as K20),percent by weight, minimum 45.0
(v) Sodium (as Na)(On dry basis) percent by weight, min. 1.0
(vi) Total Chloride(as Cl)(On dry basis)percent by weight, max. 1.5
(vii) Matter insoluble in water percent by weight , maximum. 0.05
- Suitable for Foliar application and drip irrigation.
- First Spray @ 1gm/Ltr at fruit setting.
- Second Spray @ 1gm/Ltr, 10-15 days after first spray.